Dual Enrollment - College Courses
(North Carolina Career and College Promise Program)
** SUMMER 2014 AND FALL 2014 APPLICATION INFORMATION **
Applications for early registration are due to Mrs. Triplett by Wed., April 9th, in order to register on the first day it opens (some courses fill up quickly). Applications will be accepted throughout the remainder of the school year, however.
Registration opens at CPCC on May 5th and at Mitchell on May 13th
Students are strongly encouraged to attend the informational session at Pine Lake with a parent on April 1st at 6:30PM in the seminar room. If a student cannot come due to athletics/other reason, a parent should attend in his/her place.
- View the information session Power Point presentation in a .pdf format HERE
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-237-5366
What is dual enrollment?!
- Students have the opportunity to take college courses that have a 100% transfer-guarantee to any public North Carolina university (read the 2014 Comprehensive Articulation Agreement here, if interested).
- Students will receive either equivalent credit or elective credit (depends on the course). For private and out-of-state schools, you must ask a transfer evaluator as to transferability of courses.
- Courses show up on both high school and college transcripts and factor into both GPA's.
- Tuition is FREE, which can save parents hundreds of dollars per semester hour. Students are responsible for paying fees, books and any supplies needed.
- Take classes either online or on local community college campuses. Students will still enter college with freshman standing, at least for one semester, making them eligible for freshman scholarships.
- For more information, click here
Students must meet eligibility requirements:
- Cumulative, weighted GPA of 3.0 (GPA requirements may be waived in some situations) - check your report card from last June
- Meet test score cutoffs on any of the following exams (testing requirements may be waived in some situations):
- PSAT: Writing 45, Reading 47, Math 47
- PLAN: English 15, Reading 18, Math 19
- SAT: Writing 500, Reading 500, Math 500
- ACT: English 18, Reading 22, Math 22
- Accuplacer: Sentence Skills 86, Reading 80, Arithmetic 55, Elementary Algebra 75
- Must receive approval from your parents, grade-level college planner, subject-area AP (for math and science courses), upper school counselor and head of school
- If you are unsure if you meet eligibility requirements, send an email to Mrs. Triplett (email@example.com)
To apply for consideration to the program:
- Complete the Pine Lake application, as well as the community college's application:
- Obtain all required signatures on your applications. Student must meet with your college planner to discuss your intentions and how participation in this program will further your college/career goals. We want to ensure that this program will be compatible with your plans.
- Student completes BOTH applications and submits them to Mrs. Triplett by the stated deadline (varies by community college). Mrs. Triplett will then add your transcript, test scores and any other needed materials and submit the application packet for you.
You can register for this program at any of the 58 community colleges in NC. View a map of all NC community colleges to locate one closest to you. Below are some of the closest community colleges. Please visit their sites for additional information:
Please contact Anna Bulfin, Upper School Counselor, at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 704-237-5366