To-Do List for Sophomores
College Planning - Freshmen & Sophomore Night
PreACT & PSAT - What to Expect
College Planner: Amanda Dworsky
- Update the extracurricular activities list you began freshman year and review your academic goals.
- Attend a Charlotte area college fair in the fall and consider attending one or two of the many college representative visits offered by College Planning.
- Take the PSAT in October. This test is for practice only. The national test date and time is on our school calendar. You may also want to visit the College Board website.
- Continue to refine your college and career interest lists.
- Consider the Fall or Spring College Bus Tours
- Three College Visitation Days are permitted.
- Attend the "Sophomore College Night" program with your parents in fall & the College Panel Discussion in Spring.
- Complete all assigned tasks from your College Planning AP.
- Evaluate your performance and your interest in each academic area. If you are strong in a particular subject or subjects, consult with your teachers and College Planning AP about taking Advanced Placement courses.
- Check the College Board website to determine AP credit requirements.
- If family travels bring you near a college or university, consider a visit.
- Take advantage of the PrepMe supplement to Naviance to prepare for ACT.
- Seek out opportunities to prepare for SAT.