Each year, the PLP Athletic Boosters will award two Boosters Athletic Scholarships. See the following information and link to apply, below.
The Boosters Athletic and Academic Scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to one (1) male and one (1) female college-bound senior who participated in one or more of the school’s athletic programs. The criteria for this scholarship are as follows:
- Student must meet the General Qualifications for Any Booster Scholarship, indicated below.
- Student must be a leader on his/her teams.
- Student promotes the interests of PLP.
- Student creates and upholds a feeling of fellowship.
- Student is enthusiastic about all PLP activities.
- Student plans to attend a two-year or four-year college or university or a post grad school.
Qualifications for Any Boosters Scholarship
Following are qualifications that must be met for any Boosters Scholarship:
- Student’s parents or family member/guardian must be a member of the PLP Athletic Boosters.
- Student must have participated in at least one PLP Varsity sport during his or her Senior year.
- Student must have represented PLP in a positive manner and consistently demonstrated sportsmanship in all athletic contests.
- Student must have a good disciplinary record with the school.
- Student must have minimal absences and an outstanding academic record.
- Students who receive a full college scholarship (for any reason) are not eligible to receive either of these scholarships. The term “full college scholarship” refers to the payment in full of tuition, room and board, books and fees for a full school year by any combination of scholarships or grants.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
In early April, the Boosters will email and post guidelines. Any eligible student-athlete who wishes to apply for a Boosters scholarship must complete the online Application form. Following is a link to the Scholarship Application: Boosters Scholarship Application
Please note the following:
After all applications have been submitted, the PLP Athletic Boosters Board (currently comprised of Lisa Workman, Steve Coleman, Tonya Sullivan, and Robin Martinez) will review the applications. If necessary, the Board members may consult with the HS Head of School and the Athletic Directors. They may also conduct brief interviews with all applicants. After review, they vote for and select the scholarship recipients. This selection process will be completed by early May.
If any member of the Boosters Board has a child who is being considered for a scholarship, the Board member will be removed from the entire Scholarship Selection process.
Scholarships will be awarded at the End of Year Athletic Banquet.
As a condition to being awarded a scholarship, each scholarship recipient must sign and return a form entitled “Acceptance of Scholarship Agreement.” In this agreement, the recipient will represent that they intend to attend a college or university that meets the requirements of the scholarship and that they will provide the Boosters Club with the name and address of such college or university. Checks will be written in the individual students’ names.
“2015-2016 PLP Athletic Boosters Scholarship Recipients –
Erin Wright and DJ Camp”